My Photo
Name:
Location: London, England, United Kingdom

Monday, February 12, 2007

A Terrible Culture

Ignore the rest of the blog in the link I'm about to give you (unless you happen to like explicit stuff). Actually, this article is fairly brutal, so if you're easily sickened, you might want to skip this one.

But first, some background. The author of the blog in this link has written about his many sexual conquests in China, much to the outrage of the Chinese morality police. He's received hostile e-mails and death-threats and was recently driven from the web, probably fearing for his own personal safety. I think he makes an excellent point.

http://chinabounder.blogspot.com/2007/02/new-girl.html

The moral? Make sure you apply your moral outrage proportionally and reasonably.

2 Comments:

Blogger RandomFan said...

I read a bit of the earlier posts, kind of unsure how I really feel. But there was one thing that stood out:

"I guess I ought not have told her those words, since they were not true. But at the time it seemed the easiest way to proceed. What worried me more was that, fearful of pregnancy, she told me she had gone to a pharmacy, told them she ‘did not want to have a baby.’ They asked if she had made love; she said yes; and they gave her the morning after pill. I feel uncomfortable with this. I was careful not to come in her; there is no need for her to fill her body with the hormones. And I guess it was a final mark of her inexperience. She knows so little."

He's the one knowing too little...

3:05 PM  
Blogger CJM said...

Indeed, but I think he has a point about how we choose to be outraged at some things, but not at others.

6:16 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home