My Photo
Name:
Location: London, England, United Kingdom

Thursday, June 30, 2005

Wimbledon

I've just got back from Wimbledon Tennis. No, I didn't go to school today, I went to the tennis. Why? Because the Merton Music Foundation's Youth Concert Band was playing there. Being a member of this band, it seemed like a good idea to go along and play. It meant I got up later than usual and played until about 1:15. We did four sets, but before we started, some people in the band saw Boris Becker opposite where we were playing, so ran over to get his autograph. It turned out that he was doing an interview on German TV so they asked us to play "Purple and Green", the official Wimbledon music, for them. Then we did our four sets, which went very well. At 1:15 we packed up and were alowed to wander around Wimbledon. Unfortunately it rained, so there was no tennis to watch, but we chatted a bit and it was generally a good time.

7 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations on your public performance, I hope it went well, Christopher.
Wimbledon tennis is very nice. Do you live nearby?

6:24 PM  
Blogger CJM said...

It did, but I have two questions:
WHO THE HELL ARE YOU?
and
HOW DO YOU KNOW WHO I AM?

6:33 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't know who you are...I was just surfing around on the Net and came across this page.
No need to come across so tense.
Do you like classical music? I do. My favorite composer is Beethoven. Some prefer Mozart(sp?). I don't.

7:06 PM  
Blogger CJM said...

OK, fair enough. But you could reveal yourself, that's what I do when I look at random blogs.

P.S. mozart's Horn Concertos are very good, if a little tricky to play. I recomend the first one, it's very good, and I think one of the least difficult (if you discount the semi-quavers). Wait, too long for a P.S.

7:09 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, thank you, very much. Do you think I should download this music from the internet [illegally] or if I should purchase the CDs or tapes? What do you do?

5:18 PM  
Blogger CJM said...

I download legally or buy the CD in a shop, there's no risk that way.
Could you at least reveal who you are, or maybe even what the address of your own blog is?

9:43 PM  
Blogger CJM said...

Thanks, it's good to know people are actually reading this thing.

9:36 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home