My Photo
Name:
Location: London, England, United Kingdom

Friday, July 29, 2005

The IRA's Declaration and the stupidity of our leaders

"The leadership of Oglaigh na hEireann has formally ordered an end to the armed campaign" So begins the IRA's Statement that was released at 12:46 yesterday. This, if they are to be believed, is the end to a long and bloody campaign. And the moment that it comes could not have been better.
Now, Bush and Blair have an example of how to go about fighting terrorism. Not with a barrel of gun, but with Diplomacy. Fighting the terrorists will only lead to more violence, more bloodshed and more death. We cannot afford this. In Ireland, we spent too long using the Army to fight the IRA, but then we did it right and the IRA has disarmed. The War on Terror looks to go the same way. Why don't we learn from history and get it right first time?

11 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:50 PM  
Blogger Mick said...

I believe that since the instigation of the original peace treaty, the Yanks stopped pouring money into the IRA's pot, their publicity waned and they have become bankrupt in both cash and in ideas of how to whip up support. Adams is merely cutting his losses.

12:12 AM  
Blogger CJM said...

America once again financing terrorists. But still, if that's true, then it was the peace treaty, not ,military force, that did for the IRA.

2:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

5:02 PM  
Blogger CJM said...

It was removed by me because it was offensive, pointless, and didn't help anything in any way.

If you're wondering what I'm talking about, the post I've deleted above this one was also those things.

Anon., you've had more warnings than I care to mention.

5:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

11:51 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hey thanks for dropping by at my site.

I have to say i have to agree with you, the part you said

"Fighting the terrorists will only lead to more violence, more bloodshed and more death."

and other stuff you said in your post. At the moment I don't know what else to say, but terrorism sucks.

6:30 AM  
Blogger CJM said...

Who is this friendly anon. commentor?

10:55 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi, I'm Tom Macfarlane, I was just saying that terrorism is bad but if we fight it then bad stuff happens.
However, when we kill peasants in Iraq, that's OK because they don't really retalliate =D.

1:38 PM  
Blogger CJM said...

That name sounds familiar... and I hope that comment was sarcastic.

What was your site again?

4:35 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

My name sounds familiar, eh? Have you ever watched a show called Family Guy? My Father is the producer and he also does somevoices. His name is Seth Macfarlane.

Anwyay, yes I was being sarcastic. But the real news that has shocked me recently was the thing this morning about that seven year old who massacred eighteen people with a gun in Iran.

9:43 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home